according to documents, was built in the late 1800's to
serve the towns of Krasnosielc and possibly Rozan. The
street on one side was renamed Jewish Street after its
construction. To save money, the second story interior,
reserved for the women of the congregation, was reached
by an exterior stairway.
(seen in photo above on left wall) were placed on the
wall of the synagogue by the Association of Former
Krasnosielc Residents in Israel and USA in 1996.
The plaque on the
wall relates to this site of the murdered Jews on the
night of Sept 5,1939.
The inscription reads:
"This building was the synagogue of 2000 members of the
Jewish community of Krasnosielc until World War II.
Here on the night of 6 IX 1939 more than 50 prominent
members of the community were brutally murdered by the
Nazi-Germans and their bodies buried in the adjoining
The remainder of the community was then driven out
through acts of terror to a bitter fate."